Ballard County Preschool/Head Start will hold its last spring registration for new students on March 13 for children who are or will be 3 or 4 years old by Aug. 1, 2015.
All registrations are by appointment only, and will be held at the preschool at 455 Olive St. here. Times for March 13 are from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Parents/Guardians are asked to please call 270-665-8400, ext. 2100, to schedule an appointment; children will be given their developmental screenings while adults are completing the registration packet.
Parents should please bring the following information with when registering a child:
- Certified birth certificate of the child
- Proof of income for the family for 2014 (income tax return, W-2 form, last 12 months’ pay stubs, proof of child support, Social Security or SSI income, KTAP or student financial aid.
- Child’s Social Security card
- Proof of health insurance/medical card
- Custody orders (if applicable)
- Photo ID for all adults (required by district policy for entry into any school building)
Transportation services are provided to and from preschool/Head Start classes during the school year. Head Start staff will assist families understand and access transportation options in order to participate in Head Start program activities.
The school also has a home-based Early Head Start program. The full-year, comprehensive program serves pregnant mothers and children up to age 3. To apply, please bring proof of income, child’s birth certificate and Social Security number.
For more information concerning registration, please contact Trish Pickett at 270-665-8400, ext. 2104, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.